Sunday, September 12, 2010

An Open Forum Letter to Allie Brosh of Hyperbole and a Half Fame

The idea for this post started drunkenly. This is the best way to form all thoughts and subsequent decisions.

Originally, I wanted to send an email to Allie, telling her how much I love her blog and how funny I think she is and how she gives me spontaneous work-giggles and all those other kinds of gushy-pants type things.
And then drunk brain said to me "Hey, why dont you do something that you dont think anyone has done before? Put your letter up publicly for people to see!" And I said, "Why drunk brain, I think you may be on to something!"

And thus, my open forum letter to Allie Brosh of Hyperbole and a Half was born:

Dear Allie,

Firstly, I'd like to get the gushy stuff out of the way.

I love your blog. I think you are hilariously witty, clever and intelligent. I am a huge fan of your Raptor Face. I tried to do it once. It was not a good sight. I hope that, one day soon, you do win the internets. Perhaps we could be international friends? We could talk about local colloquialisms and laugh about what's different and you can tell me what it's like when it snows and I can tell you what it's like to live in a house co-inhabited by offensive koalas*.

Okay, now that's out of the way, we can sidle awkwardly past it and move on to more pressing matters.
Congratulations on the columnist job! I don't know how long ago you got the gig, because it was only very recently that I got completely up-to-date with your blog. But good on you, anyway!

Spaghatta Nadle is probably my favourite of all the things you've done. The Parhple Drahnk was especially relatable, because my favourite alcoholic drink happens to be parhple..uh, purple. Are you planning on doing anything else Spaghatta Nadle in the future?

I know that you jog a lot, and carry around a notebook with you to jot down ideas when they come to you, but how on earth do you remember things so vividly from your childhood? Most things from my childhood that I remember vividly, my mother passes off as 'imagination lies' and insists that they never happened! Even though I'm certain that the neighbour really -did- smack me and my whole family laughed and pointed at me...
Your stories are far more awesome! I wish my mum had made me a sound-proof room. Not that I had anyone I needed to hide from..but it still would have been awesome!

Anyway! Thank you for writing hilarious re-tellings of your life that make me giggle inappropriately in my quiet office and I look forward to reading many more!

Me love you long time,
with lots and lots of like,
From,

Sarah.

P.S. if you could envision a DuckPond Lobby, what would it look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment