Sunday, August 8, 2010

Thinking, and the pain caused.

Sitting here, drinking an icy cold Strongbow and waiting for last night's dinner to re-heat in the microwave, I am realising how difficult it is to actually write a blog post that is interesting.

"Sarah," I say to myself, "You are young, creative, and have a relatively good grasp on the English language. Do something with it! Write a blog post on this shiny new blog you and Louise have started."

"..Aaaand GO!"

"..Now!"

"How about now?"

And all I can think to write is "Stuff is awesome.." and that's not even anything! What really happens is I wind up spending the rest of my night playing fucking 'Cafe World' on Facebook, or reading the incredibly addictive postings of Allie on Hyperbole and a Half, or looking up 'Iggy the iPad cat' on YouTube.

It's at about this point that my brain pipes up.

"Really, Sarah? It's come to this? Did you really need to watch that Washington video clip eight times in a row? Now it's 3am and you have nothing to show for it!"

Except that now it's 6:07pm and I did manage to write this, I guess. So sucked in, Brain!

Maybe tomorrow I'll write a video game review! Or a day by day recount of how unproductive my two weeks holiday have been!

That'll show you.

No comments:

Post a Comment